Professional CPR Training Courses Australia wide
Duration: 2.5 hours
Certificate: 12 months
Prerequisites: min. age 14 yrs
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Healthcorp’s HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course provides the skills and knowledge required to perform CPR in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. CPR skills should be updated annually and is recommended to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
The CPR course provides appropriate training for staff who staff who may require CPR training as recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. The comprehensive course training comprises of practical training plus face-to-face training.
The HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – a refresher course which provides appropriate training for persons or staff who may require CPR training as recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. The comprehensive course training comprises of practical training plus face-to-face training.
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies and workplace or site procedures:
Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- manage the unconscious, breathing casualty including appropriate positioning to reduce the risk of airway compromise
- manage the unconscious, non-breathing adult, including:
- perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- follow single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compression
- follow the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- handing over to emergency services
- providing an accurate verbal report of the incident
- reviewing the incident
- manage the unconscious, non-breathing infant, including:
- single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
Heathcorp’s CPR course is available in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Australia-wide.
The face to face training is 2.5 hours and covers both theory and practical aspects of CPR Training. Students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the course commencement or will be refused entry.
There is a short multiple choice quiz at the end of the training covering the course theory learnt that day. Students will also be assessed on practical skills as a requirement to pass the course. Once completed, all students will receive a CPR Quick Guide.
Practitioners Members (RACGP) – The CPR course has been approved by the RACGP Quality Improvement & Continuing Professional Development Program.
Total Points – 5 (Category 2)
Activity Number 89989
The HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate is valid for 12 months. The Code of Practice and Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills are refreshed annually.
Once enrolled, Healthcorp will email students a CPR booking confirmation with venue details and maps, course requirements and terms of enrolment.