Ergonomic Training & Assessments
Realise the remarkable benefits of ergonomics. It will save you time, money, and pain!
Healthcorp is a national training and service organisation providing cost effective and comprehensive training for groups at your office or workplace. The Ergonomic Training and Assessments can be customised to meet your industry and individual organisations requirements.
Healthcorp’s Ergonomic Training and Assessments are conducted by qualified Physiotherapists or Occupational Therapists, and are designed to educate employers and employees on workplace health and safety, identify any potential risks, reduce potential injuries and make recommendations to improve employees comfort at work – in turn improving productivity.
“The most common injury leading to a serious claim was sprains and strains of joints and adjacent muscles, which accounted for 41% of all serious claims.” Australian Safety and Compensation Council 2009.
The Benefits of Being Ergonomic Aware – by implementing ergonomic principles in the workplace it can significantly help to prevent and minimise workplace injury as well as improve overall productivity through improved workplace comfort.
Why you need to be Ergonomic Aware – under the Work Health & Safety Act, employers and their staff have a responsibility to comply with workplace safety legislation and it can also be incorporated into an overall WH&S management strategy to ensure all legal obligations are met.
What does an Ergonomic Assessment comprise of?
- one-on-one assessment – addressing posture, workstation layout and use of equipment
- analysis and evaluation of work-related activities, including environmental issues such as lighting and noise
- techniques and skills to assist individuals to correctly set up their workstations
- a comprehensive written report including any recommendations will be provided when booking a detailed individual assessment.
- Note: session duration will vary according to customers’ requirements and number of assessments undertaken
- Office safety
- Chair set up
- Workstation space and set up
- Monitor set up
- Documents and telephones
- Stacking and storage
- Free standing fittings secure and stable
- Rest Breaks and pauses
- Practical demonstrations
- Posture when sitting, standing, and lifting
- Practical recommendations to avoid twisting, rotating joints
- Assessments are conducted in two formatsIndividual 15 minute assessments which are conducted for groups of 10 or more
- Detailed 1 hour individual assessments which provides a comprehensive detailed report
Heathcorp’s Ergonomic Training and Assessments are available in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Australia-wide.