Personalised training with a commitment to quality
Duration: 1 or 2 Days
Certificate: Valid 3 years
Prerequisites: min. age 14 yrs
HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
Healthcorp’s HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid is part of the fully accredited first aid training that gives you the knowledge, skills and confidence to respond in an emergency situation. Advanced first aid training provides the necessary skills required to confidently coordinate, manage and instruct other first aiders across a range of complex situations – as well as within community and workplace environments. The course comprises pre-course learning and practical training plus face-to-face training hours.
The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role. There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- manage the unconscious, breathing casualty including appropriate positioning to reduce the risk of airway compromise
- manage the unconscious, non-breathing adult, including:
- perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- follow single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compression
- follow the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- demonstrating a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- manage the unconscious, non-breathing infant, including:
- single rescuer CPR on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
Responds to First Aid incidents, medical and trauma:
- Identifying the casualty’s illness or injury through history, signs and symptoms
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- Conducting secondary survey assessment
- Assessing vital signs respirations, pulse, temperature
- Level of consciousness
- Providing appropriate first aid treatment
- Handing over to emergency services
- Conveying incident details to emergency services or advising casualty on any required post incident action.
- Providing an accurate verbal and written report of the incident
- Reviewing the incident.
Managed first aid casualties for the following:
- Bleeding control
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, sprains and strains, appropriate immobilisation techniques
- Minor wound cleaning and dressing
- life threatening bleeding requiring use of tourniquets and haemostatic dressings
Coordinated a team of people to respond to multiple casualty incident, including:
- conducting a basic triage
- demonstrating effective use of resources
- demonstrating effective planning techniques
- moving casualties using suitable extraction method and device and safe manual handling techniques.
There are no prerequisites for this HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid course. Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
Clothing: We suggest that you wear comfortable casual clothing, as the practical nature of the demonstrations and practice may possibly require bending, kneeling and lying on the floor. Pants and flat shoes are recommended
Learn more about the Australian Government’s competency and assessment requirements for this course at https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLTAID014