Personalised training with a commitment to quality
Duration: 4 hours
Certificate: Valid 3 years
Prerequisites: min. age 14 yrs
HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace. The unit applies to workers in nominated occupational first aid or management roles.
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks at least once in line with State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
- conducted a workplace risk assessment
- developed a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents
- used a first aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies’ replacement and equipment maintenance
- maintained first aid equipment and resources according to manufacturer’s instructions
- used and maintained documentation required by the workplace and regulatory authorities.
Heathcorp’s HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources course is available in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Australia-wide.
The face to face training is 4 hours and the course covers both theory and practical aspects of the management of first aid in the workplace. Students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the course commencement or will be refused entry.
The HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources certificate is valid for 3 years from the completion date.