Personalised training with a commitment to quality
Duration: 4 hours
Certificate: 12 months
Prerequisites: min. age 14 yrs
UETTDRRF04 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Recognising an emergency situation
- Identifying, assessing and minimalising immediate hazards
- Seeking assistance from emergency response services
- DRSABCD action plan
- Respond to signs of an unconscious casualty
- Perform CPR in line with ARC guidelines
- Infection control
- Demonstrate the use of AED
- Provide an accurate verbal report of the incident
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
- Instruction in hazards and risk control measures for specific work functions and work areas are identified and obtained. (This will include the risk assessment and control measures taken by the individual performing the rescue).
- Electricity isolation point is identified and labelled where appropriate. Tools and emergency equipment are checked for safety, functionality and placed in an accessible location to facilitate response and rescue according to established procedures.
- Workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risk are followed.
- Workplace procedures for accessing and isolating the LV panel and removing the victim, where necessary, from contact with live apparatus are followed.
- Workplace procedures for applying CPR if required at the site and gaining access to treatment by a medical professional if necessary are followed.
- The worksite is secured and entry controlled until appropriate authorities inspect and release the site.
- Processes for reporting accidents and/or incidents to authorised personnel are confirmed in accordance with established procedures.