Personalised training with a commitment to quality
Duration: 4 hours
Certificate: 12 months
Prerequisites: min. age 14 yrs
UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Healthcorp’s LVR & CPR course, UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, will provide you with the skills and knowledge to manage a casualty involved in performing a rescue from a live LV panel. In the emergency situation in which the casualty requires CPR, you or your employees will have the lifesaving skills to manage the situation until emergency services arrive.
Healthcorp’s WorkCover recognised LVR training course, UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, gives you the knowledge, skills and training to perform a rescue from a live LV panel. Students will undertake two units of competency – CPR and LVR. The unit UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work. On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited course – HLTAID009 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
HLTAID009 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Recognising an emergency situation
- Identifying, assessing and minimalising immediate hazards
- Seeking assistance from emergency response services
- DRSABCD action plan
- Respond to signs of an unconscious casualty
- Perform CPR in line with ARC guidelines
- Infection control
- Demonstrate the use of AED
- Provide an accurate verbal report of the incident
UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from live LV panel
- Instruction in hazards and risk control measures for specific work functions and work areas are identified and obtained. (This will include the risk assessment and control measures taken by the individual performing the rescue).
- Electricity isolation point is identified and labelled where appropriate. Tools and emergency equipment are checked for safety, functionality and placed in an accessible location to facilitate response and rescue according to established procedures.
Carry out rescue from live LV panel
- Workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risk are followed.
- Workplace procedures for accessing and isolating the LV panel and removing the victim, where necessary, from contact with live apparatus are followed.
- Workplace procedures for applying CPR if required at the site and gaining access to treatment by a medical professional if necessary are followed.
- The worksite is secured and entry controlled until appropriate authorities inspect and release the site.
Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
- Processes for reporting accidents and/or incidents to authorised personnel are confirmed in accordance with established procedures.
There are no pre-requisites for this UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course. Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
Clothing: We suggest that you wear comfortable casual clothing, as the practical nature of the demonstrations and practice may possibly require bending, kneeling and lying on the floor. Pants and flat shoes are recommended.
Heathcorp’s UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course is available in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Australia-wide.
Industry standards for refresher training for the UETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. Please review your industry and state guidelines to ascertain your requirements.
Once enrolled, Healthcorp will email students a booking confirmation with venue details and maps, course requirements and terms of enrollment.