Personalised training with a commitment to quality
Duration: 2 hours
Certificate: Valid 3 years
Prerequisites: min. age 14 yrs
22556VIC - Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
Healthcorp’s 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace training course recognises that it is becoming increasingly more important for employers to become Asthma emergency prepared. If someone is having difficulty breathing, this may be in fact an asthma emergency.
“1 in 10 Australians have asthma, across all ages. Any person with asthma can have a flare-up of asthma symptoms at any time.” Asthma Australia
Healthcorp’s Asthma Management training course, 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace, provides participants with the knowledge and skills to be able to develop as asthma management plan and provide asthma related first aid in the workplace.
- Develop a risk minimisation and emergency management plan for an asthma episode
- Recognise the symptoms and potential dangers of an asthma episode
- Assess the emergency asthma situation taking into consideration the casualty, risks, physical hazards and appropriate response to control the situation
- Communicate effectively with the asthma casualty to reassure and advise
- Gather the essential resources and equipment to provide effective first aid to the asthma casualty
- Demonstrate effective first aid management of an asthma episode
- Communicate and document the essential details of the emergency asthma incident and the casualty’s condition
- Follow workplace debriefing policies/procedures
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the responses to the emergency incident and identify possible improvements
- Facilitate the implementation of improvements to the workplace’s Asthma Emergency Management Plan
Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance. There are no course pre-requisites for 22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace training course.